StemRNA Neuro AD-Mutation Neurons (RCDN002N)
Human Brain AlzheimerÕs Disease Model Neurons derived by Transfection.
- Frozen as a suspension of individualized human progenitor cells
- Prepared using the same manufacturing process as wild-type ReproNeuro
- Constructed by transfection with a mutated (P117L) Presenilin 1(PS1) gene introduced into an iPS cell line
- Rapidly differentiates into neurons during in vitro growth and maturation (~2 weeks)
- Expresses multiple neuron-specific markers; indicating a mixed population of neuron types
- Shows an increased ratio of amyloid β (Aβ42 / Aβ40) peptides as observed in AlzheimerÕs disease brain pathology
- ReproNeuro RCDN001N (Lot A) is an isogenic control (the identical iPS cell line prior to transfection)
- Developed with iCeMS (Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences, Kyoto, Japan)
ReproNeuro iPSC-derived neurons are delivered as a suspension of frozen single cells that retain structural and functional integrity, and high viability thanks to REPROCELLÕs proprietary cryopreservation technology. Thawed and plated, ReproNeuro cells mature during 2-3 weeks of culture on surfaces treated with ReproNeuro Coat (RCDN201).
Schematic showing preparation of neural progenitor cells from human iPS cells which were transfected mutated (P117L) presenilin 1gene