Stemfactor LIF, Mouse Recombinant
- 1 mL, 10 µg/mL (03-0011)
- 1 mL, 100 µg/mL (03-0011-100)
Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE analysis.
LIF is supplied as a 0.22 µm sterile filtered liquid in PBS containing 1% w/v BSA as carrier.
Storage and Stability
LIF is shipped at room temperature. Concentrated LIF is stable for up to 6 months from date of receipt when stored at 4 °C. Prior to use dilute LIF in sterile tissue culture media, aliquot to a convenient concentration, and store at 4 °C. Avoid freeze-thaw cycles as it can result in loss of activity.
Tested to be negative for mycoplasma by PCR and microbial contamination by a sterility test.
- 1 mL of mouse LIF with the specific activity of 1×106 units/ml is sufficient to treat 1 L of embryonic stem cell culture media.
- 1 mL of mouse LIF with the specific activity of 1×107 units/ml is sufficient to treat 10 L of embryonic stem cell culture media.
- 10 µg/mL (Cat. No. 03-0011)
- 100 µg/mL (Cat. No. 03-0011-100)
Less than 1 EU/µg of LIF as determined by the LAL method.
Mouse LIF activity is assessed by its ability to induce differentiation of M1 myeloid leukemia cells. The specific activity is 1×106 units/mL (Cat. No. 03-0011) and 1×107 units/mL (Cat. No. 03-0011-100), where 50 units is defined as the amount of mouse LIF required to induce differentiation in 50% of the M1 colonies in 1 mL of medium.