Corning® Elplasia® Plates are designed with microcavities within each well, enabling researchers to generate a high density of spheroids in a scaffold-free model. Corning Elplasia plates are available in multiple formats, two well geometry types, and two surface coatings. Corning Elplasia round bottom plates feature Corning Ultra-Low Attachment surface and are available in 6-, 24- and 96-well formats are optimal for bulk spheroid formation, collection and expansion. Corning Elplasia square bottom plates feature a surface with optical qualities suited for image analysis, making them an ideal solution for clonal selection and high magnification imaging of very small clusters, which are well suited for screening programs as it generates a high volume of spheroids per well, allowing for higher signals per well. Square bottom plates are plasma-treated for self-coating and come in 6-, 24-, 96- and 384-well formats.
Features/ Benefits/ Specifications:
- Spheroids may be formed and cultured for 21 or more days
- Can produce between 79 – 15,000+ spheroids per well, depending on plate format, under one culture condition
- The high volume of spheroids generated in each well increase signals per well without increasing spheroid size
- Black opaque sidewalls to reduce well-to-well “cross-talk”
- Well suited for fluorescent/luminescent assays
- Available in multiple formats